Welcome to the NSI Certification Program
The NSI Certification Program provides formal recognition of an organization's conformance to an industry Best Practice or Technical Standard. It is a voluntary program and is open to any vendor, retail, or other lottery industry expert organization that has consistently implemented one or more NSI Best Practices or Technical Standards and meets the documented Conformance Requirements for those Best Practices or Technical Standards. An organization may be certified in multiple areas, provided that it meets the applicable set of Conformance Requirements for each area.
The first step in the certification process is to read the Guide to the NSI Certification Program and Supplements. These documents should be read completely prior to attempting to certify a best practice or technology as this document describes the program and the process in its entirety.
The following documents should be read and understood prior to certification, since you will be required to agree to them during that process:
- The NSI Certification Policy and Supplements define the policies that govern the operation of the NSI Certification Program. These policies define what can be certified, what it means to be certified, and the process for achieving and maintaining certification.
- The NSI Certification/Verification Agreement covers the terms and conditions of the certification service.
The significant highlights of the certification process are outlined below; further information can be found in the Guide to the NSI Certification Program and Supplements.
- The NSI Certification Program is administered on behalf of the NASPL Standards Initiative (NSI) by its designated Certification and Verification Authority, The Open Group.
- Your organization will be granted a license to use the trademark in connection with your business practice or technology when your business practice or technology meets all the requirements for certification as defined in the NSI Certification/Verification Policy and Supplements and your organization has formally agreed to all the required terms.
- You must enter into a Certification/Verification Agreement for each business practice or technology registration.
- A certified entity is subject to re-certification on a periodic basis as stated in the NSI Certification Policy and Supplements
- All business practice or technology information supplied to the Certification and Verification Authority will be treated as confidential as required by the NSI Certification/Verification Agreement.
- The Certification and Verification Authority may, from time to time, request proof that your business practice or technology remains in compliance with the requirements outlined in the conformance requirements as stated in the NSI Certification Policy and Supplements.